Monday, July 14, 2008

BEEN AROUND THE WORLD...


So this had to be one of my best/most productive weekend ever, despite the inclusion of some seriously seriously tedious and redundant work, which actually induced one of the best conversations I've ever had. Ok I'll get to the point...so one of the parts of the convo that stood out to me was my friend's very passionate Wyclef rant on his lack of recognition, and the fact that his asshole personality actually eclipses his talent (true). Anywho's he popped in Carnival 2: Memoirs of an Immigrant, and I was taken for a trek around the world. I know this album passe, but I was so blown away by the product, I simply had to spread the word. From Sizzla rapping over Minister Farrakhan's violin, to "Touch Your Button Carnival Jam" which he manages to take in a staggering 6 different directions ( i had to keep checking if it was the same song), to even having Paul Simon on a track. We were left with just one question..."Wyclef what's on your Ipod?" So put the hate aside and check the album out. Thanks for the tutorial Sparks!

No comments: