Wednesday, September 19, 2007

it's not TV, after all





HBO's newest is the "raw, edgy" Tell Me That You Love Me, a show about three couples who find themselves seeking out the help of the same therapist. I feel a better name for this show would have been Tell Me That You Wanna Fuck Me, due to the extreme nature of the first episode I watched. I'm no prude, I just didn't expect such bare-ass action right after Larry David.

But beyond the sex, and the talking about sex, and the dissecting of the sex, there is something compelling about the show. While others may disagree, I'm all in favor of rich people problems as entertainment. I enjoy watching upper-middle class folk complain, and if that's what you're into--complex interactions between complex people, long, painful steps for human beings to find their way back to one another--then tune in this Sunday to watch. And if that isn't your thing, well, just watch for the sex.

No comments: